Thursday, February 09, 2006

Parenthood


Last year, two days after we were counting our blessings, God decided it was time and we were given one of the greatest gifts of all.. new life. After witnessing miracle after miracle, I decided this was meant to be shared. Having a child is like experiencing your heart outside of your body. The depths of emotion have been beyond what I thought my capacities were and the joys of parenthood continue to keep me smiling even in the wee hours of the night. I will admit that I have never lived through anything so difficult as the first two months of this little one's life and I now have a complete understanding of why sleep depravation was once used as a method of torture. Having a child has reminded me of when I first fell in love with my husband... a simply beautiful, terrifying, and all consuming state of being completely distracted by someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment