Friday, September 05, 2008

Homeless






I just finished reading the amazing true story titled "Same Kind of Different as Me." I feel humbled and responsible in a way that I haven't before. I have had to repent of judging others, thinking they should just get a job and wondering why they just couldn't get it together instead of wanting to know their story and their heart and realizing it is only by the grace of God that I wasn't born into a family riddled with tragedy, placing me in the same exact position as them. A couple of the gems from this book:


"You never know whose eyes God is watching you through"


"The truth is, whether we are rich or poor or something in between, this earth ain't no final restin place. So, in a way, we is all homeless-just workin our way toward home."


You have been told what is good and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do what is right and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God.- Micah 6:8


No comments:

Post a Comment