Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Family Camping Trip





I am not sure how to even begin to describe this adventure. Deflated air matress, lighter stopped working, wrong type of charcoal, Julian threw up... just to name a few. It was actually kind of hilarious even at the time... I remember thinking you know I don't really like smelling like a fire and prefer to sleep at night...hmmm.... what in the world am I doing??!! So a tip for the future: children must be at least 3 years old if accompanied by a sibling and preparation is once again everything though some things no matter what are simply life happening. Nevertheless, I did get to sit by a beautiful creek and watch the trees sway to the gentle rhythms of the wind... the boys learned how to throw rocks and play with fire... two things genetically ingrained in men I think so God still blesses in the midst of chaos and ridiculous expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment