Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Taking the time

    She never really needed God until things began to go awry. He meets so many this way. The divorce a few years back brought her to her knees and she knew that when she dug deep down she didn't have what she needed to get her through. So there He was with open arms- gushing because He does over each and every one.
    A year goes by and life is good again when I hear her say to me, "Yeah, I'm just not sure anymore. It all seems like such a show and the ones around me who are supposed to be the most "Christian" can't stop ear bashing me about all of their accolades during sessions that I am required to sit through". I nod but my heart is breaking, oozing out small bits of rage.
    Mister Preacher man you are trusted. You are the one among others whom people look to and they search for what God looks like because they don't know. They haven't had years of Bible school and even if they did maybe they didn't buy into all that. Who are you being so prideful when the King of Kings rode on an ass?
     And just like that it comes like a cool breeze on a spring morning.... He speaks and He's so patient with me when He says I have sent this preacher out and he isn't perfect but he isn't alone either. Every single day I send you out where you are. That lady at recycling who was taking forever, who wouldn't stop talking to you....uh huh.... that mom at the park with a special needs kid who sat right across from you...uh huh.. yeah I did all of that. Who are you showing the world that I am? Are you taking the time to love when its certain there will not be any return? Are you just giving lip service to the admiration of my ways or are you putting aside your agenda and living out the TRUTH?


"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourself"- Phil 2:3

1 comment:

  1. this scripture keeps popping up this week and i will humbly accept that i must really need to see it over and over again. thanks for speaking truth to me this evening!
    lisa

    ReplyDelete